Thread: Overdue update!
View Single Post
Old 03-11-21, 23:49

Hi Tony. I apologise for the lack of accompanying photos in this thread. Try as I might, it appears that the majority of images I attempt to attach simply won't upload? I think they exceed the megapixel data limit. Are you on Facebook by chance? If so I'll happily send you the selection of images (pictures paint a thousand words)
In essence, a full drum of water submersing the entire block, I added half a box of the washing powder, no doubt far more than required, but so what, it's very cheap & it's a detergent so it can only be beneficial? I had my heavy duty charger set on 12v low charge, but on initial start it drew a high 20-25amp. This slowly dropped as the hours passed, presumably as the corrosion was removed from the block & attracted to the anode bars the resistance reduced accordingly. By the time I was ready to lift the block & begin jet washing/rinsing, I was unable to increase the power settings which by the end of the cycle had dropped down to about 2amps.
As mentioned before, after x2 cleaning cycles the block looks like new. I'll be doing the crank next which has plenty of surface corrosion to address.
As I said, if you're on FB I'll happily add you & forward the pics.

Last edited by Craig W; 04-11-21 at 00:40.