Thread: Logging On
View Single Post
Old 30-08-15, 16:10

Default Thanks for the feedback

Hi Guys

Yes, PC vs Mac is an emotional issue. I started with back Appel when they just called it an Apple, which is back 75-76 still have that computer and it still works. Agree that XP was probably the best PC operating system that ever as come down the pike. But MS decision to try and control the software more tightly by not having it live completely on your system was the deciding factor in going back to Mac.

But the big reason I turned away from Micro Soft was a company sales person I happened to meet who was such a bad salesmen he basically said I was STUPID to consider Mac.

Thanks Keith for the suggestion to check the cookies setting and thanks Bill for suggesting Chrome will also check out the Foxfire browser for Mac.

Just to add to the fun our tablet which Margaret and I use for curiseing the net decided to auto update its operating system, dumped all our web site pass words, favorites, when I called Samsung teck support they after 1/2 hour on the phone admited that the new update was screwed up with no way to revert. The other stupid thing it did was killed the spelll checkker, when asked when they would have a patch the tech person could only say soon. In case you hadn't guessed I'm on the tablet.

My XP computer which is 10 years old still works fine, accept it can not connect to the internet because the eithernet part of the mother board is fried, will be going out to the shop to replace my computer out there that is still running windows 2000. Expect it will last a long time out in the shop. Amazing how stable and trouble free computers are when they are not connected to the web. Primary purpose out in the shop is store manuals PDFs and restoration photo and running CAD. As my photos have gotten bigger the 15 year old computer is slower.

Will let you know what I find is the solution to new Mac not remembering MLU user or password, know that it is something simple because the system will remember some user names and passwords for some web sites.

Cheers Phil
`45 HUP
http://canadianmilitarypattern.com/
New e-mail Philip@canadianmilitarypattern.com