Thread: 9.00-13 Tyres
View Single Post
Old 06-08-03, 16:10

Default Hi Dirk

As much as I would like a set of Olympics, to keep the truck on the road I am probably going to have to look at the Alliance tyres. My concern at the moment is the spec and markings on these tyres. They are sold as speed limited / rated agricultural tyres.

I have checked with the UK MOT helpline who say there is nothing in the regulations to say they cannot be fitted, but they passed me on to the Ministry of Trnsport from whom I'm awaiting a reply over the legality of use on UK roads...

The other issure is of course the actual tyre specification. Implement or agricultural tyres have a speed limit of 25mph.

How are your tyres marked and what is there ply rating? My truck is currently fitted with Alliance tyres (about 20 years old!) but they are NOT marked agricultural.

To be honest, I'm sure that in this sort of application the tyres would be fine right up until there were any problem or accident when the nature of the tyres could be called into question.

Interestingly I saw a number of vehicles at the weekend down at Duxford using IMPLEMENT tyres.....

this ambualnce looked great on is brand new 10.50s (another problem size) But how legal is it?

It must just be my nervous dispostion!

kind regards

Nick
Attached Images