Thread: Theft
View Single Post
Old 30-01-12, 07:03

Wink Theft

Over in the Armour forum i see a thread by Ryan on his M3 medium that mentions THEFT.
Well i thought that is a problem in our hobby worth commenting on and did not want to hijack his thread,so i am putting it here if its the right place for it.
You have to be careful,quite a while ago now i was on the look out for a 13 cab roof and back panels and was told by a friend where there was one on a farm in southland new zealand,i contacted the farmer where it was and went to see it.
He took me over the paddoc to see the cab,but it was too far gone for my use,then he took me up to the barn where the motor and gear box with radiator all complete, powering a saw bench was sitting and was surplus to his use and for sale,but as it was a chev it was of no use to me,oh and the grille was hanging up in the barn with the chev badge as well, in good order.
anyway i past the info on the motor and box to a fellow club member whom i trust and about a fortnight later he went to buy the motor and box,but it all was gone,including the cab from over the paddoc that you couldnt see from the road!.
Looked like i was johnny on the spot with that one being one of the last to see it!.
I had a feeling i may have been set up by my informant,i really dont know,but i didnt feel good about it at all.
This all happened before google earth was around,so some one had to know exactly where it all was personally.