View Single Post
Old 24-01-07, 16:21
Vets Dottir

Default Re: What are you going to do Americans stuck in Canada?

Quote:
Originally posted by Phil Waterman
What are you going to do with all the Americans who get stuck in Canada because they don’t have a passport to get back into the US? But then again maybe their lucky ones.

Lot of surprised people down here in the states who didn’t know this was coming. The wait to get a US passport is getting longer by the day. The US Postal Service (that paragon of efficiency) is responsible for distributing the pass port forms promptly ran out of application forms.

In another interesting sidelight to this need for a passport some government activities require three forms of photo ID. I have a drivers license and a pass port good thing they accept my Health Club Pass as the third.
Hi Phil,

It sure would have been better to give people a LOT more time and have a LOT more publicity about the Passport needs/rules and ESPECIALLY about informing people exactly who would need to get Citizenship sorted out and established first.

I had thought about USA-ans getting stuck here too.

Amazing that, knowing the influx that could be expected (let alone the "surprize! Ya need one!" ones) that they're weren't enough forms printed and distributed for the deadlines. I can only imagine how this is going to be effecting many people's lives (ouch!)

And on a side note, my daughter had better get her heinie moving to get her passport in case she needs to get to her Dad and other relatives who are USDA citizens, in a hurry.

Karmen