View Single Post
Old 02-08-04, 23:54
Dog Robber

Hallo Nuyt:

Congratulations, the site is "Toppen" and will certainly add a much needed new dimension to the ever expanding interest in countries other than the traditional "major" combatants in the 1939-45 conflicts. I have noted in the past few years a lot of activity regarding countries such as Romania, Czechoslovakia, Finland and so on which I view as a vital contribution to trying to grasp the fact that there were literally dozens of individual countries and populations involved in this truly "World War".

Sadly, I no longer seem to have the fire in the belly, as we say here, to go the extra distance to create a web site of my own.
Probably for the best, as my interests spread across so damn many countries and companies that I would make a mess of it.
I never could seem to concentrate on one specific country, company or model as many of you have done.

On the other hand, it does offer I guess a certain benefit in that I do have lots of really esoteric stuff and I think the best way to share that materiel is to do my thing with posting to the little photo galleries I have just started and to continue to send stuff along that may be of interest to the more specialized sites.

In that context, I have been hard at work downloading stuff from the various Dutch sites you and Hanno put me on to that deal with the former Dutch colonies. My tastes (?) are a bit off beat perhaps but I downloaded lots of photos of military vehicles used in funerals, weddings, parades etc. Are these of interest to you on your site? I will shoot a few across to your site so you can see what I mean.

Again, congrats. I admire you highly.
Bill