Thread: Rugby World Cup
View Single Post
Old 17-10-11, 04:01
Terry Warner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn Eades View Post
An excellent result David. I have never seen so much blood in any game. Well done the AB's
I have enjoyed all the games I have watched.
I think the less favoured teams have played very well, and the large points gaps did not fairly reflect their efforts. Well done Samoa, Canada, and Argentina!
For a country that has two seasons, ponds too soft to skate or too hard to fish, we seem to do OK for ourselves in some sports. The national game of hockey is not doing too well on account of roughness, injury and fighting, and that is just for girls' hockey.

Of the summer field sports, round ball soccer and pointy ball football do well. Surprisingly, Ultimate Frisbee is loads of fun to watch and play. Rugby has a good following, and is well attended in schools. Field hockey gets little attention; the sticks are wrong. Cricket is isolated to South Asian and Carribbean circles. Hardball baseball and softball are fun, but there is enough professional ball on TV to lose my interest. So, if an Aussie recognizes a good Canadian rugby effort, I'll take that as a compliment to a distracted nation that has lots of choices. If only we could put our minds to it full time ....

- 74-????? M151A2
- 70-08876 M38A1
- 53-71233 M100CDN trailer

Beware! The Green Disease walks among us!