View Single Post
Old 28-08-07, 05:26
Vets Dottir 2nd

Question Lost in the mail I wonder?

Hi Folks,

Just wondering if any of you have ever had a problem sending parcels between the US of A and Canada and having it not appear, or else take a VERY long time.

I know that I've whinged in here about slow mail coming from States but I couldn't find those posts to re-read what people said.... so I post anew about this time.

Someone in Colorado mailed out a parcel with a router in it for my computer on JULY 24th ... it's now AUGUST 27 and still no parcel. Unfortunately the sender tossed out the receipt (figured the post office competant enough ) and I don't have a tracking number to be able to trace it.

QUESTION: Is that not an UNREASONABLE length of time to be waiting? Or should I be patient a bit longer?????

Is it possible that it never got beyond customs? Just wondering, as I have had no parcels arrive, nor have I had a parcel pickup notice in my mailbox from the mail carrier, nor is there a parcel waiting for me at the Post Office parcel pickup location (I checked) nor do any neighbors fess up to a parcel being left on their or my doorstep ....

What do you guys think and suggest???

BTW and FYI ... regards my mailbox ... my neighbors, other tenants and sometimes even their guests have been in my mailbox (we just have 3 separate small un-secure unlockable basic flip up tops mailboxes, one per apartment situated at front of house) and I have asked/told them to please do NOT do that, but am pretty sure they still do when I'm there to see it. I called the post office to find out if I would be allowed to buy/put up a LOCKABLE mailbox and what are the regulations, etc ... I was told it was okay by them and I would probably just need landlords consent, and they gave me their requirement as to size and placement. I have landlords consent (I think ... must verify before I spring for a mailbox) I'm still thinking that some of my mail has been going missing but can't back that up with proof unless someone sent me something and I know they did, and it never arrived (hence all my questions at Christmas time about if anyone sent cards but I didn't personally tell them I received it. I was trying to find out if any sent did not get into my hands)

Sheesh ... what a pain in the heinie, and a worry. At least when folks tell me something is on the way I know and can try watch for it and be available when mail carrier comes (but delivery times vary between 9:30 and noon usually, ) I can't watch/see from the back of the house.

QUESTION: So ... has anyone ever sent me anything that I didn't email or PM you that I received it??? If so, please tell me ... thanks!!!

Much Aprreciated,

Ma Yappy