View Single Post
Old 14-05-22, 18:41

Default PANELS, Phenolic, 2-Terminal, No. C1 ZA/CAN 4351

Thanks for your comments Bruce. This project has some alarmingly slow moments so I am not certain if the publication you suggest will be doable once this 52-Set is finished and back on the air. Even factoring in the philosophical question as to whether or not any project is ever truly finished.

Not only is this the smallest of these three PANELS, it is the most miserably hidden on the Sender Chassis.

As noted in my earlier post of the illustrations of the three PANELS, if looked at right side up, the left side Screw Terminal has a white ‘5’ stamped into the panel to the upper right of the terminal. The right side Screw Terminal has the white ‘4’ stamped into the panel at the lower left of the terminal. Are you confused yet?

This small panel is located in the bottom front left corner of the Sender Chassis, just above the bank of three coils, L35A, L33B and L36A. You will first notice the wafers of the R.F. Driver Band Change Switch, S13A, and then catch sight of this panel tucked well in behind it.

According to the Sender Circuit Diagram, Terminal 4 links between C27E, the V5B Plate Coupling Capacitor and Switch S13A. In turn, Terminal 5 joins Switch S13A to C8E, the V5C Grid Coupling Capacitor, R10B the V5C Grid Parasitic Suppressor and Pin 5 Grid 1 Circuit of V5C (6V6G) the Intermediate Power Amplifier. I can make out R10B coming off Pin 5 of the V5C socket and going to Pin 1, which is being used as a connection tag, and that is pretty much it for certain, without a major disassembly being undertaken. Once again, I am assuming all is correct and OK with these circuits as I am getting good, normal test results from V5B and V5C so far.

The attached photo gives you an idea of how nicely hidden this panel is on the Sender chassis. You can see the screw of Terminal 5 to the left, the two smaller, round head mounting screws, one above the other in the middle of the panel and just make out part of the Terminal 4 screw peeking out on the right.

One left to go.

David
Attached Thumbnails
WS No. 52 Sender 103.JPG