View Single Post
Old 30-11-05, 02:51
Derek Heuring

Default Re: Re: Re: January 23rd

Quote:
Originally posted by Geoff Winnington-Ball
Derek,

We haven't had the chance at a truly conservative leader since Stanfield ran, and we all know how he imploded. This will be a new experience. I was impressed watching Harper this morning... he spoke better than the other trained seals - no notes, no teleprompter, not even another yahoo mouthing him the words! Amazing.

Any good jobs down Texas way? Might need one if all this goes tits-up.
Robert Stanfield was a vastly underrated Parliamentarian. I had a lot of respect for him. Unfortunately he ran during a time of "cult of the personality" He was just one in a long line of competent Conservative leaders who unfortunately lacked a TV persona and couldn't compete with the flashy, but shallow Trudeau. I like what I've seen of Stephen Harper, think he's a good man.
Lots of good jobs down here Geoff, but why would you want to leave Canada? I mean, all Texas has to offer is a great economy, low taxes, law and order, conservative values, great weather, cheap real estate, right to keep and bear arms including concealed carry and full auto, friendly people, beautiful and demure southern women, great freeway system, relatively low gas prices, politicians responsive to the wishes of the electorate, powerful military, citizens who honour their servicemen............