View Single Post
Old 22-02-22, 07:21

Default Canadian Lynx Armored Car

Just thought I might start a new thread of some Random Canadian Lynx restoration work that is going on. There are a small few of us around the World restoring some of these unique vehicles that saw combat in Europe during the War. I know Peter D. has already restored his vehicle and has shown us that through the tread he has provided us with on this Forum. I will probably show some of the more detailed mechanical parts in maybe a bit more in depth look at how parts were made, (It's Called "Train Spotting") and maybe show some of the differences between the MK1 and MK2 as a reference , will just see how it goes and maybe after a year or so, there maybe quite a file of stuff to refer back to . Feel free to add comment or maybe help in sourcing some parts from around the World for All of us.

Today we start with the Hydraulic clutch Master cylinder that is used on the MK1 Lynx .( MK2 uses mechanicals , ie. cables, etc for the operation of various aspects of the vehicle.)
First pic is of the components and second of unit together with actuating lever. Unit runs 1&1/4" dia. cup on the piston , main shaft is 7/8" dia.
Last picture shows a return spring for the Clutch slave , that we are trying to source , is 182mm in overall length, which is next on the list.....
Cheers From The Tank Factory.
Attached Thumbnails
DSCF3292.jpg   DSCF3294.jpg   DSCF3281.jpg  
Loyd Carrier / English / Candian / LP.
M3 Stuart