View Single Post
Old 20-07-05, 04:08

Default Thnaks for all the encouragements.....

Will try to reply to everyone....

Jon...Yep...alligator nose....also got a better one for spare from Doug.... inlcuding the Chevy bow tie...... 5 NOS rubber tail lights....2 good seat cushions... a spare instrument panel ( Bob M. we will need to talk).... a fire extinghiser with bracket..... two headlight black out covers........ 3 way fuel valve..... spare gas tank caps...chain and short tube ready for welding on a tank..... and all the serial numbers both wartime and post war that had been rubbed off the doors by Doug........ did I say I felt like a pig in sh*** ............ all the trim metal for the edge of the cab.... a spare interior door handle..... the other handles are on the doors... and I maybe forgetting some.......

Will try to photo the inside with instrument panel and switches for Bob M. and number plate for David.......

....engine looks like an early 53 Chev 235 with valve cover similar to the 216..... power train is very complete..... everything turns and steers easy... did not try to force turn the engine.

RATS it is....... RATS forever..... could be worst I could be collecting stamps.

All in all a busy weekend..... on the previous Saturday we moved Robs HUP rolling frame to my place.... well it got rolling after we re-installed the wheels and front axle..... kept being reminded of our Aussie friends when sweating in 41C degree heat...Yeck... gimme snow!!!!!

I fully intend to have my cab 11 at CC% next year even if it is just a rolling chassis. Plans are to finish the power train on the cab 11 by end of this Summer late Fall...... really want to hear the Chebby 261 running... and work on the cab inside the barn over the cold season.... doubt if I would have the GS box reproduced before Summer/Fall 2006. I do have a box on the Cab 11... will better serve as a model along with the cab 12 box which has some rusted components that are missing on the cab 11 box. I have some local metal fabricators that can churn out the basic bends in precut sizes that I can then weld together...... hopefully I will document with enough pictures and drawings to be shared on the forum.

I have amassed a good deal of new/current parts numbers for axles and T-case that I will share with Phil Waterman who will then compile an post on the forum...... Geoff.... if the bandwith will tolerate it...... it may be advisable to create a seperate listing for part numbers for various vehicles...UC...CMP.... etc....

Police wise.... Rob captured the event very well.... we always make a point of loading carfully and making sure the load is safe for us and kids in other cars....... I do not mind being stopped and if need be learn that there is a better and safe way of tying down a load....... so far so good.

Future plans for the cab 12 at this point..... which looks good on pictures but will need major reskinning.... is to use it as a practical model to facilitate the re-assembly of the Cab 11 and to serve as a pattern for sheet metal parts missing on the cab 11.... Further down the road I may consider converting into a German "umberwagon"....... I realize that others are also contemplating the same thing and mine might not be the first to be ready but a nice fun machine would be interesting..... so if you see me bidding on a Notek lamp on EBay don't be surprised....

Now I just have to live to be 80 just to break even..... not to mention that Rob and I are off to another recovery this coming Saturday but this time only 300KM return....... more pictures to come......

Bob
Canada