View Single Post
Old 27-02-19, 01:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Belanger View Post
Hi there everyone,

This is my first post and i am just having a little difficulty navigating around but I'm sure I will get it. I want to thank you for allowing me to join and become part of the group. I am more than willing to share any/all of my info with anyone who ask.

I have done about 2 years of research on the 5th A/T more specifically the 96th Battery. Safe to say thoough i have run across info on the other 3 Battery's as well. I am in possession of almost a complet set of the War Diaries for the 5th A/T as well as the Regimental book 'The History of the 5th A/T. Then there is another book called 'The 5 Days of November', and then the hilight of my collection is a personal account written by Capt Jack Connor of the 14th Battery. I have spoken also with John Honsberger who was in the 3rd Battery. I have done a complete reconstruction of sorts of the travels of the 5th A/T form when they left England thru to Dec 1944 and am still working on it. I have a 3-foot long photo of the entire Regiment as well as one for the 96th Battery. It has been a real honor to keep the memory of this unit alive.

Best regards,
Scott
Scott - my grandfather served with the 96th Anti-Tank Battery and I have been working hard over the years to hunt-down as much info and history as possible. Is there a way to share some of the history that you’ve collected, to include those photos?

Thanks in advance,
Tim