View Single Post
Old 20-11-09, 07:16

Default Tag

Hi Doug,
I wish I knew how to post pictures but haven't been able to figure it out yet as everyone found out when I tried to post pictures of my Ford 3 ton! I am hoping my sister and brother in law can sit down and show me soon, as I have alot of pictures I want to post.As soon as I am able to figure out how,I will post a picture of the tag.As I said,it was soaked in oil and not sure it will show up clear in the photo but it was probably done by the local unit that had the bren.The tag is just a piece of thick paper 3'' wide and 6 3/8'' long and the information was entered by typewriter with black ink.The serial number of the bren and barrel were handwritten in as well as the last entry at the bottom of the list ''pullthrough 1.'' which must have been added after the lists were made up.I have all 3 chests,The Mk1,Mk1* and the Mk2 but the tag was only on one of the lids.My Mk 1 chest has the web strap for the handle as well as my Mk 2 but my Mk 1* had the rope handles.None of them were painted orange inside but my vickers chest is orange as well as my sten crate that held 20 stens.
Derk.
1943 Bantam T-3 1/4 ton trailer
BSA folding airborne bicycle ser#R5325 (early)