View Single Post
Old 15-10-19, 22:28
F60S

Default 19 set spare parts

In 1992 I bought a 1934 car from a barn in which were stored about 40 of the same sort of vintage. The seller had another barn full of spare parts and I took the opportunity to stock up.
Among the items was a tin with useful, difficult to get hold of, bearings and this has sat on my shelf ever since and has yielded up many useful bits for the cars.
Recently I succumbed to the "green disease" and bought a Lynx I MkIII* and was introduced to the No19 set therein.
Needing a bearing today I went to the tin and noticed that it is a spare parts tin for a No19 set. Serendipity strikes again.
I note from the Lynx workshop manual that a spare parts tin for the No19 set should be carried but I already have one and it is not the same as this one.
Is this one a base spares tin?
Also I notice that listed in the inside of the lid are the contents and they have two identification numbers: the second is headed "W.D. No" and the first is headed "EKC No". Am I correct in interpreting this to refer to E K Cole, the manufacturers of EKCO radios?
Attached Thumbnails
20191015_120208 copy.jpg   20191015_120227.jpg