View Single Post
Old 19-07-04, 23:47
Dog Robber

Default Thanks so much.

I have to admit I was teasing Stellan as I have a fair amount of such pics, most of which were given to me long, long ago by friends I made in Sweden. Mostly private but I will post the source if I think it is "official".

As for you Cliff: Watch out if I ever get that dang scanner to work how I think. GMCs are also a favorite of mine and I have really a lot of pics of unusual stuff.

As to the scanner, I try to assume a plug and play accessory should be operable by the directions on the screen and rarely read the owners manual. As near as I can tell I cannot automatically make the scanner focus on just the pic so when I put a 3 inch by 5 inch photo through it, it prints the background as well as the photo. I have learned to properly crop that out at least on the display. I am afraid though that another problem comes up when I hit the browse button on this board as it directs me to a different picture storage area than the one that I am modifying and I am not sure the edit process is carried over to that screen. I tried six times to post a third picture and got the message every time it was too large. I know I can get the wallet size to transmit but every other option seems to be too big including "size for email" and "size for web publishing". I am sure I will figure it out sooner or later. Even so, I would imagine you could enlarge the wallet sized pics if you liked them.

Oh, Stellan, yes, both were M46. The cargo version had a date of 1970 on the back and I believe this is true as I used to visit the Swedish Army auctions during my stay in 1974-1976 and they were still auctioning off M46 Dodge, GMC and other WWII era vehicles. I believe some WWII era Scania or Volvo vehicles are still in "service" on the island of Gotland.

Cliff, here is one off the net. Danish GMC
Bill
Attached Images