View Single Post
Old 01-01-21, 07:08
Tony Baker

Yes. I feel the same. Do have my doubts about degree of success from any one vaccine, though. It's the way, and rate that the virus is mutating that alarms me. That, and reflecting on some comments which were made early in 2020, that in hindsight give cause to believe there was a lot more known about it, well before in-depth study could have been achieved by civilian medical research. Also concerning was the statement from our Prime Minister, regarding need to increase military budgets because 'a post COVID world will be a very different place'. He has insight in the situation, far beyond that known to the rest of us! I don't subscribe to the conspiracy theories. I do think we still know very little about how things unfolded!

What broke my heart was the inability to celebrate ANZAC Day in the traditional manner. That was hard to take. Many were far worse off than missing an ANZAC Day ceremony though, so in perspective, we got off lightly I guess. I did create and broadcast an audio Dawn Service, played on the car stereo via bluetooth. Like many, we marked the event from our driveway. I did so with bowed head, wearing WW2 style outfit, and with a deactivated L.E rifle. I hope it was a one-off! Standing still for 40 minutes is harder than it wouls first seem.

I think I'd already told you the Defender was finished, and think you may have even seen the Dalek before (made for an event that 2020 would eventually cancel!), but the lack of physical ability to carry on with the CMP has resulted in me turning to other smaller, less demanding projects, like a 1970s Dr Who era K-9 for example. Don't think I was doing that one, last time we spoke. He's finished now, and I'm playing around with a B9 robot these days. Gives me something to do in the evenings! I don't like to be bored.
Attached Thumbnails
20210101_155656-resized-1024.jpg   20200425_055326-resized-1024.jpg   20200304_205421-resized-1024.jpg   20200525_151750-resized-1024.jpg   20200601_184438_resized-resized-1024.jpg