Thread: Info needed: C15A 2B1 cargo bed rebuild
View Single Post
Old 27-01-23, 04:31

Default Plating.......

...are you also plating your front bumper with a chrome finish????

Why the plating Paul?? I always assumed sand blast, prime and OD Paint.....

The water pipe I used were black but we scratch them a lot in the bending....mine were done in two piece than but welded as "one hoop"...... too cold now for sand blasting but will no doubt follow my usual routine of sandblast, phosphoric acid wash, and POR 15 semi gloss, urethane tie coat and 2 or 3 coats of OD flat green..... but to keep the cage firm and steady will do some horizontal twin bars on each side just about at the start and end of the curve....somewhat similar to the hoops on the cab 13 radio truck that Jordan has restored........ Not the full complements of rifle attachments like the cab 13 but something that will keep the tarp nice and tight and allow the sides or the front to be rolled up in sunny weather.

Can hardly wait for the nice days to return..... we have not had a real cold snap yet but the forecast for next weekend is around -24 C....... that will freeze the brass balls off a monkey!!!!

Cheers
PS..... whenever you get a chance .....no rush....would you look at the underside of your tie rod ends and tell me if you have Type "A" with a cotter pin holding the cap in place or a smooth cap with a simple large C clip holding the tie rod guts in place.... which I call Type "B".......
Canada