Thread: Info needed: C15A 2B1 cargo bed rebuild
View Single Post
Old 29-11-22, 23:12

Default A necessary spoil of cab 11.......

You can't see down the filler neck.... and can't even use a short wooden stick to gauge level...... maybe a flexible piece of split bamboo painted flat black.

And id you thing that is a bad layout...... wait until you are dressed up in your finest re enactor uniform and you have to check the engine oil level....... I would love to roast the engineer who design such a foul up..... I usually have to get on my knees on the running board, open the round hatch and feel around the distributor to find the open loop of the dip stick........ very similar to untying our girl friends bra single handedly....... pull it out, wipe it...... oh straight out before finding a suitable rag...... then put it back in to get an accurate reading on the oil level..... but you can't see where the open pipe is...... so guiding the dip stick with one hand you get to push down the dip stick with the other hand...... now you engine usually drip oil on the side so you need to remove your oily hand and wipe them clean, after you straighten out, now bend over again to retrieve the dip stick and pull it out being careful; not rub it against anything or your read may be inaccurate..... and you need to do this every time you start up your engine for a drive......

&^%^&$ on this..... if it still drip oil there must be some left......

...and you also need to verify the coolant by unscrewing the two thumb screws holding the "bonnet" etc.........

....and the brake level in the MC...... I now use a 20 cc syringe from the farm store.....

By now it is to late to go anywhere.....

Ah the pleasure of old machinery........
Canada