Thread: Sold: Peter Ford's 13 cab Ford
View Single Post
Old 10-04-16, 17:47
MLU Administrator

Thanks David! Your reply triggered my memory and I did did some searching here on MLU. This is the last message I came across by Chris Ford, so I presume the truck is in one of the museums mentioned below:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Ford View Post
1. For a myriad of reasons I decided to sell the rental property with the garage where my dad's CMP was being stored. It sold immediately and the truck must be moved by March 8th (incidently my dad's birthday). I contacted Marilyn Gurney, President of the Organization of Military Museums of Canada (OMMC) who forwarded my willingness to donate the truck to a museum. I received replies from:
New Brunswick Military History Museum;
The RCA Museum in Shilo; EME Museum (which I don't know where it is);
saskatchewan military museum (which is new, and I don't know much about);
Canadian Militaria Preservation Society (http://youtu.be/QDfMighZEiU);
and The Calgary Highlanders Regimental Museum and Archives.

I was wondering if y'all had thoughts about these establishments. I remember my dad speaking of Shilo fondly. I have interest in the truck staying in Sask. and perhaps helping out a fledgling museum, but wonder about it's long-term durability. In general I wonder if a museum will take the truck but never show it.

Colin, you had offered appraisal services. I have attached three pics. The hood is the cab, but can easily be put back on. I would be very thankful if you would be willing to share your knowledge here. In terms of mechanics, I believe the master cylinder for the brakes needed to be replaced and the it had been suggested to sleeve the brake lines. The fan belt is loose and both water pumps leak. The engine starts easily and runs great. (I find that incredible for a 70 year old truck with few tune-ups. - take that Honda!)

Do museums want the truck in running condition? Do they keep it that way? Would it be worth fixing the mechanical stuff before donating?