View Single Post
Old 18-01-14, 17:54

Default CF Photo reference material available

Back in the dim distant past, when mail was delivered to homes and people knew how to communicate in forms other than social media, I and long time and now sadly deceased friend Andy Graham took many images of Canadian military vehicles and equipment and service men and women.

These were all done on 35 mm colour slides. I have many thousands of them.

I have as some will know been on a somewhat nomadic lifestyle until a year ago when I put down roots and built a house. Slowly I am unpacking as I have alluded to over the past year.

To that end I have finally figured out my slide scanner and how to scan and load images, in small numbers.

If any of you want images of something specific that was in service in the 1990s and early 2000s then I might have it. Vehicles that come to mind are:

5/4 ton, M38A1 ceremonial review, LSVW, Iltis, MLVW, HESV, Kenworth PLS, and so this list goes on. Infact if it was in service I have it from that era.

I have white fleet, oddities, engineer kit, SEV bodies, Engineer kit, things that didn't exist that belonged to units that don't exist. I have antiquities like pigsfoot rollers. Power packs, gen sets, MP cars and trucks, aircraft tractors, I have it.

You will have to understand that some are sorted into binders but many are in boxes of 36 slides and need sorting through.

If you are publishing a book or the like and have a dreadful editor breathing down your neck then I will go look, if you are restoring a vehicle and need a detail shot, I may go look, if you are a picture hound wanting to flesh out your collection, send money. If your name is Clive and your last name is Law . . . . .

I do have other things to do and someone wants the basement finished . . .

Robin