View Single Post
Old 18-08-16, 21:48
Terry Warner

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob love View Post

I also got in trouble with the wife over this whole event. Not because I bought two more artillery pieces, not because I left for almost a week during house renovations, but because we went to St. Huberts restaurant after the job. I thought the restaurant was excellent because I was exhausted and cold, and it was the first hot meal I had in 3 days, but apparently it is a real treat for the Quebecois, and she resented my having it.
There is something to be said for knowing how much discomfort a man can withstand before needing a break. If this whole tale tells, it is the perseverance that military service teaches.

With the worst part of the job behind you, I am extremely glad I found the Kijiji ad in the first place, and that things worked out so well for all concerned. What started with a couple of snooty neighbours trying to boss the seller around backfired when he got cash for his so-called yard junk, Rob gets two Sorel 25-pdrs and the MLU community came together in an important effort. Well done us!

- 74-????? M151A2
- 70-08876 M38A1
- 53-71233 M100CDN trailer

Beware! The Green Disease walks among us!