View Single Post
Old 02-09-12, 04:16
Canadian Rangers

Default Outer Wheel Bearings

Hey All

I took the hubs of the front of my C-15A to look at the brakes and thought that I aoule be able to make due with the current bearings, that was however until I set the hub down on my deck and heard a clunk and a bit of rattling. I flipped the hub over to find that the bearing was secure until I set it in the worst possible location as the oter part of the bearing that holds the rollers was sitting on the deck and most of the rollers were sitting beside but a lot of them slipped through the cracks.

I found the document on the forum with the modern part numbers and ordered the new bearings, my problem is that the inner part of the old bearings is still on the Hub. I have removed the 3 screws on the face and tried to hammer the bearing out but it is not moving at all.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can get this part out without destroying the hub? Or a really cheap set of front hubs for a C-15A as this is the only thing stopping my truck from rolling on it's brand new tyres.

I plan on locating my original post stating that I got my truck and adding pictures of the before during and after resto pictures, I had a lot of help from people here and would like to show them where the info and parts went to.

Thanks
Gary
M152 CDN
VW Iltis and M101 Trailer