View Single Post
Old 09-12-15, 05:33

Default Insulation and interior finishing

Thanks Richard and Phil.

To answer Phil's question :To check the brakes , The truck is mounted on a ramp with kinda of a slide on it. He asks you to apply the brakes and the slide moves or it doesn't . A reading is taken, Pass or fail.

Now back to the restoration. Today my friend Daniel and i managed to do a lot. We insulated the walls with styrofoam and a vapor barrier made of aluminium. The product is called Iso R. It is 3/4 '' thick and gives an insulation factor of R6 plus depending on how well it is sealed with the red Tuck tape . We then started trimming the 1/2 '' plywood and fixing it in place with metal screws on some of the walls ( pictures below ) .

I then reinstalled some of the original accessories back in their original place . Good progess was made. Good laughs were had. We had fun !

Tomorrow we should finish the walls and start with the ceiling. The day after that we plan on will attacking the generator compartment. We should be finished by next week end. I will wait till summer for the white paint. I will be doing it outside , it will be easier to vent the fumes.

Voilą, all in a day's work.
Attached Thumbnails
insulation 1.jpg   insulation 2.jpg   insulation 3.jpg  
94 LSVW

Last edited by Robert Bergeron; 17-01-17 at 03:34.