View Single Post
Old 15-08-10, 17:12
Gilles Chartrand

Default Military muster 2010

I know this is Sunday and the show goes on, yesterday we spent the day and returned home last night, arrived 0400 hrs. I have some pictures, for those who did not attend you missed a great show. Excellent job, well done to Mike and the Museum volunteers. The site was excellent, it was very hot 31 degrees and humidity very high, but we were all hidden in the trees. There were some really nice vehicles including a generals 1940 Cadillac staff car.
What really surprised us was the onsite costs which we found really reasonable, the food was great and cheap. 3 beers $12. The downside were the eqpt vendors "we" found very expensive(my opinion).
The afternoon reenactment was very good, the site is very well set up. The vehicles were parked in a nice little wood with excellent access. 31 Svc Bn from Windsor had a nice demo set up with quite a few vehicles and the Reservists were absolutely great people to talk with. Cudos to the OC good group of soldiers for this event.
I do have one question, it seems someone gave my name and phone number to the CBC radio (French) prior to the event and they did a quick radio interview with me about the Muster and collection and restoring MV in general, if anyone in the Windsor area heard it plse tell me how it sounded. The biggest thing is how did they get my name??? I know my wife says I like to talk and I will talk to anyone, is my fame exceeding the boundries of Ottawa or is my ego getting bigger.
Here are a few pictures. Gilles
Attached Thumbnails
DSCN0151.JPG   DSCN0153.JPG   DSCN0168.JPG   DSCN0174.JPG   DSCN0175.JPG