View Single Post
Old 02-08-10, 02:06
Addicted to Drab

Default 2 weeks and counting down

Well I just finished participating in the Ft Malden Military Heritage show and secured more reenactors for the Military Muster....didn't take much convincing as most had already heard about the show. I don't want to let too much out of the bag but......rumour has it that Eisenhower and his staff car are coming to the event....the helo is secured and will be there for rides....the pyro guy is finally getting his chance to practice of the site next week and is pumped! Heavy lift is underway to bring in some real armour and ammo and powder is stored and dry...the Romans are coming the Romans are coming....yes a contingent of Centurions and others will be on hand. Movie night is a go and backhoe will be onsite this week to start on the WW1 trench works. 3 Bands are coming...2 Brass and 1 Pipe band. All kinds of free stuff for participants......I am setting up all the road moves for the next two weeks....soooo if someone is in the Hamilton area with something "heavy" let me know ....I may be able to help out with tpt.I need to know soon...like tomorrow man!....LOL I have a host of volunteers...Scouts will be filling sand bags to have available for mortar and gun pits....and a host of other uses to secure the area from any wayward aircraft that will be doing a flyover...yup ww2 coming overhead...OPP advised and will provide some traffic control when the highway is used to start the Normandy advance....permits are in place ....ads ready for the newspapers warning of "sounds of battle" during the day....40's swing dance is a hot item...sooo many people around here have obliterated Salvation Army, Value Village and other stores that 40's stuff is now hard to find...let along dancing lessons...all booked up. Got a super fireworks show for that night....a Veterans Calendar is shaping up and will be a must have souvenire for the Muster....did I mention Flea Market....OH YA ....all military related....a big Ordnance guy just signed up to add to the others that are coming from lead soldiers to modern surplus... I don't know what else to say except I am sure this will be the biggest gathering in Ontario this year....there you have it....don't say you weren't warned or did not hear about it till it was too late.

See ya there...

Mike Timoshyk
Military Vehicle and Event Coordinator
Southern Ontario Military Muster
www.militarymuster.org