View Single Post
Old 11-01-14, 17:17

Default thanks for the information

Great information and thanks for the tips. I've looked at rewiring it, and actually have ripped most of the wire in the cab of my 52 out as it had been converted to 12 V and It would be easier to start with nothing than try and figure out what the previous owner did. (replacing parts with John Deere parts, and a keyed ignition). I found a schematic in an old US forestry publication that showed how to rewire it from 24 to 12 so will use that as a guide, providing I don't chose to return it to 24 V. That will be a few years down the road (One project at a time).

I found a few bare spots in the wires when I redid the fenders and tried to hook up the lights. After hooking up the horn I found that it went off when I made left turns. Since disconnected it as there no doubt is a bare wire somewhere there. I'm lucky in Saskatchewan an antique vehicle does not have to pass safety so can still take it down the back trails and rural roads. When I move to Manitoba it will have to be parked till I get this all fixed as it will have to be safetied unless i only take it to shows. Thanks again for the help!!