View Single Post
Old 06-02-21, 21:07

Thanks Matt

I think you are going well with the Pontiac. I would not be too precious about the staff car history. The only thing that makes them special is the colour (and as I found out the black ones were used by the military though whether impressed, borrowed or on strength I have no idea).

I was trying to get some history from GM and GMH sites and from what I can see the black one has a normal non-military set of codes on the data plates. This does not mean it was never used by the military but leans toward initial civilian ownership whether impressed later or not.

The green one has a government delivery code but this could be for any department including the services so no proof there. I don't really want to be trawling through the AWM records searching for it. It looks to have a sand colour as the base coat on the firewall but GMH had a similar colour on offer for general sale.

Whatever, I am going to choose the best of them, mix and match (not motors) to get the best and sell the other one. If the black one wins it will stay black and if the green one wins it will probably have its American markings removed and receive Australian citizenship.

lang