Thread: How To: Ford CMP "Blitz" miscellany
View Single Post
Old 24-11-16, 04:26
VMVC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Webb View Post
Australian built trucks did not use the door for the plates. You sometimes find Ford RH doors drilled for them - I had a F60L like that but that I think mostly likely indicates the door has come from a Canadian imported F15 - the ones with the 2C1 bodies.

The other fairly common place to find these plates was the engine cover - I have seen quite a few like that.
Hi Keith et al,

Thanks for that info a while back.

Funny what you find out when you are doing something else.

I just pulled the engine cover on the right side in the attached photos out of storage in preparation for repainting it the correct colour this summer (if it ever arrives). I noticed the two holes in the upper rear part of it and upon checking, the Vehicle Publications plate matched the holes perfectly! I never even noticed them before and there were no matching holes on the left cover.

The other items of interest is that the cover on the right came off a F-15 and has only 4 holes for the engine/shift pattern data plate. The one on the right has 4 holes to accommodate the F15A, 30's, 60's with the transfer case shift pattern and hence a larger plate plus the 4 holes for the F-15 plate. Obviously one size fits all was the intention for that cover. The covers also have the rear lifting handles in different places.

They must have used one heck of a staple gun to drive the staples through the cover for the insulation in the right side one also!

Anyone looking for an original F-15 engine cover now that I won't be using it on my F-15A?

Cheers,
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0113.JPG   IMG_0116.JPG  

Jacques Reed