View Single Post
Old 17-06-17, 12:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Duggan View Post
Jason,
Thanks for the information on the CWM Lynx. I hope that their front bin was a faithful reproduction since it will most likely provide all the dimensions for my front bin when I get around to it. The same goes for the bins that are mounted on the rear fenders. Peter
PETER I don't say that the parts we built in 2010 are 100% accurate as we had nothing to go by but Don Dingwall and I did the spec for them based on the original mounting points, photos and Drawings. I've always trusted Don as a master model maker with a very sharp eye for proportion and detail.

I hope they can serve as some form of refrence for you but take the info with a grain of salt as they aren't of the period.

RICK- I never found the Lynx "fun" to drive it seemed I was always short on space but the steering wheel wasn't horrible. It did take a considerable Ammount of heaving to turn it when stopped, basically you couldn't, but you didn't rack your knuckles on everything in the compartment. You can really see why the Ferret wheel is on a reverse angle tho!

Here is a pic of the CWM one on a cold wet day in 2010. Don D. Is driving and I'm the very wet commander.
Attached Thumbnails
20170617_063145.jpg  

Last edited by Jason Ginn; 17-06-17 at 17:51. Reason: Sp.