View Single Post
Old 01-01-11, 20:01
Mr. HUP

Default 2011 at the Hammond Barn

It is 6oC and the snow is rapidly disappearing. The yard is a quagmire, so my plan to drive the HUP on the first day of the New Year got shelved. Instead I took up Bill's invitation to visit him in Greely, a small town south of Ottawa.
Finding the place was very easy; all I had to do was look for a CMP. Sure enough, I recognized a familiar vehicle outline and pulled into his yard.

Bill gave me the cook's tour of his CMP based snowplough and his workshop. Later, I will add photos showing how he took a CMP truck that had been converted to a forklift, and converted it to his snow removal machine.

Later on, we took a short drive in the local area and tried to speak to the owners of various military vehicles that we spotted from the road. We got no response but had a look at the vehicles anyway. A return visit will take place sometime soon and the results of the visit will be posted later.

Back at Bill's place we chatted about other CMP wrecks, including one with a built in winch set up. We had previously discussed this truck at Bob's place when Bill picked up his replacement axle. So, stay tuned as we prove the old adage" Time spent on recce is seldom wasted"!