View Single Post
Old 05-10-20, 01:52

Default Case Spares Wireless Set Canadian No. 52

I received an email early this morning from Jordan Baker regarding a Case Spares for the 52-Set that had just turned up on the UK eBay site. I am not in need of one, having two already, but this one was interesting because of its nicely preserved stencil markings. These are completely gone on one of my boxes and the other has only fragments surviving.

Sadly, the KimPak Lining and interior partition have been removed from this box, but as noted, the ¾-inch high by ½-inch wide, 1/8-inch thick characters of the stencil are very nice to find and patterning a stencil from this photo should be relatively easy, down the road.

The other interesting feature is the C-Broad Arrow marks on this box. They are somewhat larger than I had expected, and in black. Good to know. The funny thing about these stamps on this particular box is the sheer number of them. Somebody must have been having a very boring day in the Acceptance Room when this box arrived. Note there are two partial stamps on the front of the box, outboard of the lower part of the latch. And then on the lid, there is another pair of complete stamps, roughly midway between the handle plates and the outer edge of the lid.

David
Attached Thumbnails
WS No. 52 Case Spares Stencils.jpg