View Single Post
Old 02-10-20, 23:16

Another long pause in actual work on the 52-Set, while I think things through.

I have tested a couple of polishing options on the sample strip of Gloss Navy Grey paint I had matched to the Sender front panel. Both succeeded in reducing the gloss of the paint, but only by changing the finish look from gloss to semi-gloss, which REALLY makes the new paint stick out like a sore thumb. Polishing the semi-gloss result to shine it up a bit, merely returns it to its original gloss appearance. So, I have decided that since probably 70% of the touched up areas will actually be hidden with hardware or parts being refitted to the Sender front panel, I am going to leave the new paint touch-ups as is when completed.

It should also be OK when the new paint is used to completely refinish the front panel of the Supply Unit. Decals and fittings on that panel will also cover a lot of the panel and the Receiver Supply Section panel will be a slightly different shade of grey in any event, so it should all be good.

In the meantime, I am making arrangements now to get 14 small parcels of parts and tools for the project brought across the Border, hopefully in the next week or so. Need for these bits is rapidly approaching.

David