View Single Post
Old 08-09-15, 22:37

Default 41 ford 3 ton 4x4

hello all. my name is leo and i'm from Connecticut in the USA i'm a new member to this form. have been following it for some time and has been a great source of info. i have a 1941 ford 3 ton duel wheel, long wheel base truck (158") that i'm in the process of restoring and converting to a marmon herington four wheel drive. the original idea was to represent a captured (US) truck in use by the ww2 german army. my original inspiration came from the book 'ford at war' by reinhard frank pg 19 captured ford in russia. i noticed several recent posts that are about captured fords so now is as good of a time as any. i have spent many hours researching captured fords and marmon conversions and while it maybe tough to say for sure weather this truck existed i do know that it could have been ordered from ford the way i'm building it. i'm going to try to post some pictures of my resto. the first couple are from when it was on the road (about 8 years ago) and will post my in progress picts next. i know this for a different forum but i also have a UC mark 2 that i'm also working on and will post that where it belongs. i'm very happy to finally get to be on this forum.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20130508_211729_392 new 41 d.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	91.6 KB
ID:	76081