View Single Post
Old 11-12-15, 01:54

Default Wire 5 - Box - Inside the box

Hi Chris. Thank-you for your message . No , the shelf is too flimsy. I cannot see anything weighing more than a couple of pounds on there.

My friend Daniel and i made good progress today. We installed the 1/4 '' plywood ceiling and the antennae and ventilator tunnel reinforcements . Nice thing about this thickness ( 1/4 '' ) of plywood is that it conforms to the curve of the ceiling pretty easily.

We then lifted the metal generator compartment inside the box , shifted it around , turned it around twice and over again out from the box it went and back in . After a pause , i tought of some other way we could go at it and without breaking anything and hurting anybody it went in it's place.. right over the generator exhaust pipe hole in the metal floor. Could not fit any better. Screwed the compartment to the 1/2 '' plywood walls . Very sturdy.

We then built a temporary wireless table up front, put the original battery supports back in with a repro battery box and built a small shelf over the right wheel well to support the butts of the No 4 rifles sitting upright in the holders affixed to the gen compartment.

I then installed the No 5 Charging panel and the original black-out curtain holders over the windows.

I screwed the covers over the ventilators and then loaded the Chorehorse in the gen compartment.

All in a days work.

Tomorrow some finishing to the door , building a cypher clerk desk, and sealing with silicone around the windows and on the roof.

I will paint the interior white as original either this winter if the snow doesn't come and i can't ski or next spring .

Enjoy the pictures.

Attached Thumbnails
plafond 1.JPG   plafond 2.JPG   plafond 3.JPG   plafond 5.JPG  
94 LSVW

Last edited by Robert Bergeron; 22-02-17 at 03:01. Reason: spelling