Thread: M135
View Single Post
Old 02-04-07, 17:33

Default m135

I have the interior rear view mirror in my M135 and it may appear usless after the trucks were refitted with the west coast mirrors. The original exterior mirrors were the stadard 5 inch round mirror on a post mount like the jeeps and dodge trucks. Now imagine that panoramic view and the interior mirror almost starts to look usefull with no tarp mounted on the bows.

The truck also appears to have a shifter lever lock out to hold it in the neutral position when starting. I have only seen one other truck with one of these and I have looked around for a lock out for my M135.

If the cost of gasoline and milage is even a concern when buying a military vehicle then it will take some of the fun out of owning one. They are all fuel pigs no matter how big or small. I find that the M135 with the automatic transmittion is the easiest and most fun to drive of all the vehicles I have restored and running.

Who ever did the restoration on that truck did a hugh amount of work and an excellent job. Take very good care of it, not many of the G749's have found good homes.
Gord