View Single Post
Old 27-07-04, 02:48

Default running out of time....

I agree with you Hanno most of the early models were manufactured with "off the shelf" stock so the CMP shackle pin is probably identical to some other 1939 truck model.

One problem is that they built these truck with oversize parts probably from a 3 or even 5 ton stock truck parts....but... all suppliers that I have been in touch with in the USA tend to carry the high demand parts for 1/2...3/4 and some 1 ton pick up that are being done as hot rod.... in fact most of the fancy rebuilt trucks in the USA have only the body shell mostly with modern suspensions...... Ther are some extensive "interchange manuals" avaialble at the library to compare one part number to a series of truck model it migth fit on but no dimensions or pictures.

The best source so far was the Malmberg spring shop in Ottawa... they have manuals with pictures and dimensions for all kind... well almost all kinds because we could not find the CMP ones....

I got my engine back and need to have wheels on the frame to re-install the engine....... I know I will not finish the truck for Winter.... my target is to have the complete power train done so I can wheel it in or out of the barn before the snow comes..... brrrr I am cold already..... It is almost a whole year since I started the dissassembly...and it will probably this time next year before I can legally drive it on the street........ It is a lot more work than I ever imagined.....but she will be a beauty!!!!!

As luck will have it someone will find 500 NOS pins at $2.00 each the day I get mine back from the machine shop.....

Stay tuned.....
Canada