View Single Post
Old 24-09-21, 17:22
(Michel Sabarly)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakko Westerbeke View Post
While I was there, I also visited the Bevrijdingsmuseum itself, as I had only been there once a few years ago, and that was when the current buildings were still under construction. First of all, I would say it’s definitely worth a visit if you happen to be in the area and have an interest in military history and/or WWII equipment.

Second, Kees took me up to the offices and storeroom, as he had some photographs he thought might interest me. After a fair while looking for them in vain, it turned out they had already been sent to the NIOD Institute for War, Holocaust and Genocide Studies for digitisation and to be entered into their collection (the originals will come back to the Bevrijdingsmuseum), so I didn’t get to see them yet. However, I did come across the following couple of pictures that I thought might be of interest here (quality is not great, as I took photos of them with my iPad and then had to push and pull them to straighten them out a bit).

Two wrecks of Weasels at (almost certainly) Westkapelle:

Attachment 124609

Two Terrapins somewhere on Walcheren:

Attachment 124610

LVTs on the Markt square in Middelburg, two of them carrying Weasels in the cargo bay:

Attachment 124611

Nice finds Jakko.

First photo probably shows the same two Weasels as on this shot:

Click image for larger version

Name:	NL-HaNA_2.24.01.03_0_900-7400 - Overturned Weasels.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	765.6 KB
ID:	124895
Source

Last photo is the same as BBZ 66478, but less cropped on the left side (and more on the right):
Click image for larger version

Name:	LVT4 1B 'STOAT', 1C 'SABLE' USA{89xx36} - Middelburg 6 Nov 44 - FO066478.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	92.5 KB
ID:	124896
Source