View Single Post
Old 24-08-21, 02:38

The Grid Cap Clip has now been resoldered in place for Valve V1D, the protective sleeve slid back over the connection and a new lace tied over it and lacquered down.

With the receiver top panel back in place, I hooked the receiver up to the Remote Supply and turned it on. BIG Happy Dance The built in Crystal Calibrator came booming in all the way from 1.75 MC to 8.0 MC through Bands 1 and 2. I had to really back the volume off. Prior to this, with AF and RF Gain full on I could barely hear the calibrator signal which completely disappeared around 4.5 MC. The receiver is still not detecting the calibrator signal from 7.0 to 16 MC on Band 3, but a 66% improvement in this area so far is a huge improvement.

In RT Mode and connected to my dipole aerial outside, reception conditions were not great tonight, but I picked up the WWV Time Signal at 5.0 MC with no problem and could just find it drifting in and out at 2.5 MC. Quite pleased with where its at so far and hopefully another session in my friends workshop will have the rest sorted soon enough.

David
Attached Thumbnails
C7D Trimmer Cap 27.JPG  

Last edited by David Dunlop; 24-08-21 at 07:04.