View Single Post
Old 17-10-20, 22:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne Hingley View Post
I’m definitely not a sign painter, and grossly lacking in artistic talent, but rather than use vinyl decals I wanted to have hand painted markings on this truck. I’m marking this truck to represent the regular force Canadian Black Watch from the 1950’s and 60’s. Unfortunately the two Black Watch regular force battalions were disbanded by Trudeau in July 1970.

Thanks to some guidance fro Rob L, I got the proper sign lettering paint and took a stab at my first unit sign. It’s a bit choppy, but from a few feet away, it looks ok. I still like it better than “perfect” vinyl decals. I may have my son do the golden maple leaf, as he is more talented with a paint brush. More to follow on that...

Here is what I have done so far:
Wayne, good job on the Arm of Service markings and I am pleased to see that you are reproducing known markings that were applied to your vehicle. Just to clarify things, the markings that you are reproducing were promulgated in 1960 and a 9 on a red square represents an infantry battalion but was not Black Watch specific. You might enjoy this 1960s image taken in Germany.

Click image for larger version

Name:	M40A1 106mm Recoilless Rifle - Germany, 1960.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	518.0 KB
ID:	116844