View Single Post
Old 02-06-10, 01:33

Retsarge -

The UIC's (Unit Identification Codes) in your request are for the following:

UIC 0106 - CANADIAN FORCES BASE AREA SUPPORT UNIT VALCARTIER
UIC 0107 - CANADIAN FORCES BASE AREA SUPPORT UNIT PETAWAWA
UIC 1732, 0131, 2208 - (Unknown as these UIC's are no longer used)

Looking at these records, I seem to believe the 'H' in front of the UIC represents 'Holding', as in that is the base holding unit of a vehicle that belongs to a sub-unit falling under that particular base. ie. HUIC 0105 (CFB Gagetown) has UIC 1848 (2nd Battalion of the Royal Canadian Regiment/2 RCR) located there. However I can't say this is 100% certain - but I'm going with it for now....

The last three have been changed at some point since they were used with your Jeep. Not to say that the unit no longer exists, but the former UIC that code represented may have changed for some reason. Or in fact the unit is no longer active. The list of UIC's I have is current as of a few months ago. Looking at your Jeep's info you will see UIC's 1728 and 2208 were units likely located at or serviced by CFB Wainwright, Alberta going by the maintenance records of the period. As well, UIC 0131 was a unit located at CFB London, Ontario according to that corresponding maintenance record. Hope that clears it up a bit. Cheers,

Craig