View Single Post
Old 21-07-06, 15:54

Default Where are you.....

Hi Gary

Where the heck is Springwater county.......???

If you are near Ottawa you can store your stuff on my farm..... my neighbours are more understanding..... luck would be that you are probably in the East Coast...... do not despair we have other MLU nuts outthere also that may be able to help you.

Yes the parts are very heavy and shipping can be a problem but them we have guys that travel between here and there and can pick up and drop off for you.

At all cost we must save what is still left.

As to you "novice" concerns..... we really are all novices and the MLU forum is ideal for ones learning...... great bunch of guys who will share knowledge gladly........ it saves a lot of busted knuckles.

As to transplanting a winch from one truck to another .... remember it is your truck....... just don't pass it off as an original later that's all. Also remember that all Chev trucks had the winch mounting cross member installed at the factory.

If I were you I would try to talk to my local elected councillor as well as the by law idiot that sent you notification and try to explain the historical significance of the truck and of your plans to research it's make up and return to a running model. Have the councillor look at the MLU site and see what else is being done elsewhere in this country to preserve Canadian history.

Don't be shy...fire you questions....... you might want to look up Alex "Mr. Manual" Blair for very essential shop manuals...

Hang in there.

Bob C.
Still a novice learning....
Canada