View Single Post
Old 21-07-06, 01:34

This fine photo of a winch mount prompts me to ask for some advice. Please remember that you are speaking to an absolute novice.
My truck is a C15, Cab 12. There is no evidence that it ever had a winch.
A kindhearted local lumberman donated his former log skidder as a parts vehicle. My guess is that it began life as a C60.

Question: As it has a winch, is it ethical to move the winch to my truck, basically just because I have it?

Question: At each end of the winch/axle there would have been two mount blocks. The photo on this thread shows them. I don't have them (leading me to believe that the winch may not have begun its career on this log skidder either) Does anyone in Ontario have a set that they would sell. Judging by the weight of the rest of the winch, they don't look like something that I would want to pay to have mailed to me.

Warning: I recently had a letter from the township bylaw officer. Events are still unfolding, but I think it likely that he will order me to dispose of the log skidder, on the basis that it is garbage that I am not allowed to harbour on my property (it is in the bush, not visible from the road, but apparently just knowing it is there is causing someone to lose sleep) The forces of conformity are strong here in Springwater Township, and the guy up the road with about 2/3 of a C8 (I think) is likely to be in trouble soon too. If there is anything anyone needs from this, better tell me soon. It has been very severely altered, but the flathead is not stuck and the donor said that it ran the last time it ran. Running gear all seems present, but limited sheet metal.