View Single Post
Old 26-08-05, 04:17

Default What a mess....

Hi Tony

Love your approach to the rusted brake drums.... I have hammerd a few and broken a few in the process... I like your idea better. I have been using old gas which I pour or spray in the drums by whatever opening I can find I was told it helps...???

I have a very large gear puller,,, for removing flywheels old one cyl gas engine... works nice.... put the whole set up under a lot of pressure using the impact gun to tighten the puller.... spary gas... wait... hammer the drum on the flat surface.. they pop just like popcorn.....

Having removed oil soaked drums and rusted dry drums... I will take the oily ones anytime.... stinky but a lot easier.

Stew..... I have been in touch with Bruce Palmer... very helpful and yes we have a distributor in the London area.... would not sell to me... had to got through an Ottawa Paint shop they recommended...... I have had limited experience with the Zero stuff to date.... plan on using it in the spray gun when I do the cab sheet metal...... personnaly I am impressed with POR 15.... deadly in spray form.... difficult to handle... must follow the recommended process... but BOY is it tuff!!!! I have sprayed it... outside... with a favorable breeze....wearing an expensive face mask...(no known mask is 100% effective on that stuff...... goggles...... a face shield.... a pillow case over my head... old clothes that I knew I would discard.....and stayed up wind...oh with surgical gloves covered with cheap cotton gloves.....

Bottom line once dry it will not comes off your skin or anything else until you wear it off... about 2 to 3 weeks in case of hand calluses... or nail cutticles.... on very smooth mating mechanical parts.... you can lift it off or I should say slice it off with a disposable carton cutter... the ones they won't let you carry on board aircrafts anymore......

Boob
Canada