View Single Post
Old 06-03-22, 22:35

Rob, it's funny you say they are very receptive and forthcoming. I have had nothing but silence. I have asked numerous times! As Lloyds have total access
to the highest bidders, what action is in place to protect the bidders from Lloyds increasing the bids with dummy bidders to maximize the price. I asked the question on 3 separate occasions and received only answers from the reception saying they will pass it on to the appropriate person. Again there was no response. The last one was telling them that I and other people NEVER received what was bid on as there was items missing. I was then told my questions were to be "escalated" to the Armory auctioneer and again there was no response. There are stories of people that put on a very high bid when they could not be there at the fall of the hammer only to find that they had won the bid and just happened to be the exact amount of their highest bid. Another one of my friends bought a artillery piece only to find a significant sighting part and tool box were removed and got no response or help. I was also missing numerous parts from boxes as well. I would suggest people to save the pictures of what you were bidding o and check what you get. I don't have a lot of confidence with on line auctions now and in particular Lloyds.