Thread: Handing it down
View Single Post
Old 21-04-11, 14:04

Default May I add my welcome Chris

Hi Chris

It most certainly pleasant hearing from you, your father had many friends through this strange shared interest in CMPs. I first started corresponding with your dad not long after I discovered the history my HUP. He helped me with information about the CBC trucks and the recordings equipment. Your Dad had hoped that my HUP was actually one of the CBC trucks which had disappeared, but once we discussed the date of manufacture (to late) we knew it wasn't. I remember well your Dad coming down to Lowell Massachusetts in 1986 for the MVPV convention, we rode through the streets of the city in a parade, your Dad, my family and three young Canadians in my HUP we all had a grand time. It was also your Dad who contacted me about CMP 84 and urged me to attend, which I'm so grateful I did.

The tapes you have found are probably some of the closest to the original recording that are likely to be found. They probably offer the best chance to recover the history that was discussed at that conference.

As to information in InFoex, though some of the information will have changed, who owns what trucks, there is still a lot of information there that will help people date vehicles, which are missing the data plates. With the growth of the internet as a median of information exchange such MLU making that information available even as simple text files would be of interest.

May I extend our best wishes to you, your sister, and the entire Ford family.

Cheers Phil
`45 HUP
http://canadianmilitarypattern.com/
New e-mail Philip@canadianmilitarypattern.com