Thread: Handing it down
View Single Post
Old 28-03-11, 13:42
"Mr. Manual", sadly no longer with us

Default Peters last Visit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Montgomery View Post
wow this brings up memories.

When I first became involved with CMPs, I corresponded at length with Peter Ford, and much later, we had a great day together when he came to Montreal only a very short time before his untimely death.

He knew quite simply truly massive amounts of historical information, not just CMPs but indeed all kinds of things related to the war effort and production. His passing was a great loss to the hobby. I hope someone comes up with a copy of the meeting, and I agree entirely with Keith re voice over...possibly captioning if the dialogue can be determined.

Perhaps instead of being a touchy subject for the Gregg family, they may be glad someone is still interested in his work, and view this as a legacy to his memory. That s been my experience in media.
Marc.
After Peter left your place he stopped in Ottawa here and he and Elizabeth had dinner with us..
It was a memorable visit and Peter had a second helping of Dotty's home made lemon pie..his favourite..

They then left heading home to the prairies and not a week later Elizabeth contacted me with the shocking news of Peters passing..
He was fighting a cold and congestion when he was here ..
But over all seemed in good health.
I miss him..we lost a CMP jewel in the crown..

RIP Peter.