View Single Post
Old 05-04-06, 21:04
Vets Dottir

Default Re: Re: Signs of Spring!

Quote:
Originally posted by sapper740
[B] Keep looking Girl! You never know what you might find in the hinterland. Might be some retired Rocky Mountain Rangers or Engineers from 44 Field Engineer Squadron in the East Kootenays. If you find any Engineer memoribilia, please let me know!
I DID meet and chat up an elderly gentleman in the local crafts and artists materials store a couple of days ago. He was 88 years old and looking and moving around great (WAY better than me) ... he said he was with the IRISH "FUSILLIERS" (spellling correct?) out of Vancouver and they were stationed in JAMAICA ... he said they were sent to Jamaica because there were a lot of German submarines there-abouts. He also did this great happy-memory laugh when he mentioned "I really WAS Irish by the end of the war." I think he really loved the parades and music ... you never know who that person next to you shopping is, or the amazing life histories.

Regards 44 Field Engineer Squadron ... I'll let you know asap if I come across anything but is there anything in particular you're interested in?

I remember about the SRD JUGS too

Karmen