View Single Post
Old 05-11-18, 18:33

Since the valve adapter I will be working on is going to be a free standing item, unlike the Stark design Bruce has, which is hard mounted to the valve tester case, I decided a set of small rubber feet for the bottom of mine would be a good idea to prevent it sliding all over the work bench when in use,

Translating that into an actual product was a bit of a surprise. The web is chocablock full of rubber feet! Somewhat overwhelming really. After about half a hour of looking, a name suddenly jumped out at me under a photo of a set of four rubber feet. It was Long and McQuade, a local musical instrument dealer who happened to be a mere kilometre from home. So off I went last Saturday morning, as their website said they still had one set in stock for only $3.10 Cdn. No size given, however, but they were the screw on type I had in mind,

On arrival, the clerk confirmed one set was still in stock and they were 5/8 inch in diameter by 5/16 inches tall. Done deal!

Interestingly, they turned out to be a product of a company named "John Dunlop Electronic Components" that specialized in restoration items for guitars, guitar cases and amplifiers and these were replacement guitar case feet. The central screw the feet came with was a 4-40 half inch Phillips self tapping. Even better as I had also rediscovered my old stash of 4-40 round head slotted machine screws and hex nuts this weekend.

So one more tick off the parts list.

David
Attached Thumbnails
British Valve Adapter Project 2.JPG