View Single Post
Old 16-09-07, 05:36

Yes its a shame the the two event clash. What generally happens is the the South Island Members tend to go to Wanaka, and the North Island Members tend to go to the Annual rally.

Wanaka (Held on the even years) for those that have not been is the Alpine Fighter collection hosted Warbirds Airshow, near Queenstown. They put on a great show and entertainment as well as a ground theatre combining the Aircraft, Military Vehicles and the reenactment groups.
The annual MVCC Rally is held at a different location each year, this year it was held in the Blenheim area with a visit to the WWI Fighter collection, which has their airshows on the Odd year.

The format is usually the AGM held on the Friday night, an event or run on the Saturday to a place of note or a cross country drive, Sunday tends to be another drive a combination of on road and off road, sometimes a perhaps more adventurous group go and try the hand at a more difficult trip, usually involves Mud. Then everyone heads of home on the Monday

For 2008 we are organising the rally here in Auckland. Generally it is a private affair, and as such have not normally involved non members to events however this year we are considering opening it to past members and I can see no reason if enthusiasts make the trip down under, why the can't come along, However they would need to pay fees for the meals, events, etc as we are unable to accommodate any free tickes.
We are just completing details so I cannot tell you what is happening however I should be able to do this in a couple of weeks.

Al the best
Kev